Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Addy's new teeth

Addyson got some new front teethers today. She had bad cavities on the fronts and one on each side of her fronts. The two on the sides were able to be fixed, but the front ones had to have crowns placed on them. They are a little larger than what we are used to, but they had to make them so they would look normal as she got older as well. They are not permanent so I am not stressing over it too much. I just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't start hurting her.
I have to admit it was kind of a hard day. They had to do conscious sedation. It was hard seeing her like that. I broke down and cried a few times, just because I blame myself so much. This all could have been avoided if I wouldn't have put her to bed with a bottle. She has never been a big fan of water, so she never went to bed with just a water bottle. I felt like I had totally failed her.
But it is all over now and there is no looking back. Just on to something else I guess.

2 comments:

Kristi O said...

I am glad that it went well today! She looks GREAT!!!

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Don't blame yourself. It happens, and besides it's over. I'm glad she did ok. I would have been a total nightmare.